Limited Term Teacher Contract
Student Support Teacher – St. Laurent – Off-Campus
0.5 FTE Term Student Support Teacher commencing ASAP till June 28, 2019. This position supports a small group of middle and senior years’ students at an off-campus location.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience in a middle and/or senior years setting, with an emphasis on program development and at risk student intervention while working within an established continuum of services for referral procedures.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Experience, proficiency and understanding of K-12 pedagogy and curriculum.
- Implement outcome based assessment and evaluation models.
- Knowledge/ability to implement student services support.
- Knowledge/ability to support youth subjected to trauma and physical, emotional and sexual abuse and exploitation.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour.
- Facilitate transition planning process.
- Highly committed to, and knowledgeable about, Indigenous education
- Experience working with Indigenous youth
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous educational resources and an understanding of Indigenous youth and family cultural needs
- Effective differentiated instruction skills.
- Excellent organizational and classroom management.
- Work collaboratively and independently.
- Communicate effectively with students, caregivers and guardians.
For more detailed information, please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.