0.50 FTE Term Resource Teacher commencing September 2, 2020 until December 18, 2020, or the earlier return of the incumbent.
Prairie Rose School Division embraces a philosophy of inclusive and appropriate education for all children consistent with the standards outlined in Appropriate Educational Programming in Manitoba – Standards for Student Services
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Experience providing resource teacher support in Grades K-12.
- Familiar with program development and at risk student intervention, while working within an established continuum of services framework.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Demonstrated Abilities:
- Ensure appropriate educational programming.
- Exhibit leadership skills.
- Guide Classroom/School Profile development.
- Approach early identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs within the classroom setting (Response to Intervention-RTI).
- Directly support classroom teachers; through classroom-based coaching and modeling reflective of differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Understanding of current Manitoba curricula.
- Implement various assessment techniques and intervention strategies.
- Structure and guide/implement student specific plans for learning and/or behavioural support.
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for students with special needs.
- Lead Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers, parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Bill Yaworsky, Principal at 204-436-2354.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0; by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.