Limited Term Teacher Contract
Classroom Teacher – St. Laurent School
1.0 FTE Term Indigenous Academic Achievement Student Support Teacher commencing January 7, 2019, til June 28, 2019
The primary goal of the Indigenous Academic Achievement Student Support Teacher is to assist the administration, student services, and teaching staff with administrative and student services support and programs that target academic success for Indigenous students. The position will enhance the education process for students regarding the significance of Indigenous culture, values, and history and will work towards the goal of increased Indigenous Academic Achievement.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience
- Highly committed to, and knowledgeable about, Indigenous education
- Experience working with Indigenous youth
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous educational resources and an understanding of Indigenous youth and family cultural needs
- Strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
For more detailed information, please contact Terry M.J. Osiowy, Superintendent/CEO at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: November 28, 2018
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.