Anticipatory Custodian 1 – Term Positions
In anticipation of additional custodial services for the re-opening of schools, a pool of qualified candidates is being established for PRSD schools. Successful applicants will be used to fill term Custodian 1 positions as required. The hours will vary based on each school’s needs. The following is a list of schools by region:
- Region A – Carman Collegiate, Carman Elementary, Elm Creek School, Miami School, Roland School
- Region B – École St. Eustache, St. François Xavier School, St. Paul’s Collegiate
- Region C – St. Laurent School
Applicants are asked to identify their preferred schools and/or regions.
The successful candidate will work with school administration and the Facilities and Safety Supervisor to ensure that PRSD schools are a safe and clean environment for students, staff, and to the general public.
- 4 – 8 hours/day, Monday – Friday
- Shifts will vary depending on the needs of the school
- $15.42/hour, a shift premium of $1.25/hour is applied to all hours if more than half the shift is worked after 6:00 p.m.
Experience and Abilities:
- Experience in all aspects of public building custodial work including; washrooms, floor care, carpet care, blood born pathogen clean up, and safe use of equipment, is essential.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal respectfully with co-workers, students, staff, and the public.
- Be physically capable of performing all of the duties related to this position, including (but not limited to) shoveling snow, lifting 40-80 lbs, bending, climbing ladders, etc.
- Must have the ability to use a personal computer for basic business communications (Email, Word, etc.).
- WHIMS training would be considered as an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Facilities Supervisor, Claude Plante, at 1-204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until filled
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.