The Division recognizes the importance of supporting English as an Additional Language (EAL) within the School/Division Continuous Improvement Plans.
Roland School is recruiting for a .25 FTE Term English as an Additional Language School Support effective September 8, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate;
- EAL related courses and/or certifications;
- Familiarity with Google G Suite applications is considered an asset;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Experience and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability in EAL:
- Supports EAL learners and newcomers to PRSD;
- Implements various assessment techniques to support EAL skills;
- Implements Early Literacy development and Literacy interventions and strategies in early years;
- Facilitates professional staff development in accordance to the school/division priorities and provincial curriculum outcomes;
- Works continually at improving school-level provincial and divisional data using PLC/RTI framework;
- Evaluates and recommends emerging strategies relevant to EAL for K-6 classrooms;
- Recommends appropriate EAL materials and resources ;
- Demonstrates success in working with classroom teachers with their integration of EAL programs in teaching and learning practices.
- For more detailed information, please contact Brandy Chevalier, Principal at 204-343-2023.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0; by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 18, 2020
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided by request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.