PRAIRIE ROSE SCHOOL DIVISION
Prairie Rose School Division is dedicated to the development of lifelong learners for responsible global citizenship. The Division strives to ensure that our learners are emotionally invested, actively engaged, and reflective in their learning. The Division employs over 360 employees and provides educational services to over 2100 students in our nine community schools that are located in Carman, Elie, Elm Creek, Miami, Roland, St. Eustache, St. Francois Xavier, and St. Laurent, Manitoba, and to our sixteen Hutterian schools across our school division.
The Secretary-Treasurer is an integral member of the Prairie Rose School Division’s Senior Administration team. This position reports to the Superintendent/CEO and is responsible for the school division’s $30M operational budget and business matters involving: financial management, operational analysis, purchasing, payroll, service provider contracts, auditing, and collective bargaining.
The Prairie Rose School Division Administration Office is located in Carman, Manitoba.
The official start date for this position is October 3, 2016 or sooner as mutually agreed upon.
Qualifications & Experience
- A recognized accounting degree and/or designation or related business training and work experience
- Several years of experience in accounting, financial management including budget preparation and control, and supervisory experience
- Senior management experience working within a team
- Knowledge of the Public Schools Act, the Municipal Act, and the FRAME accounting system would be an asset
- Experience working with a board and demonstrated understanding of board governance and procedures
- Well-developed information technology skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the advancement of public education for all students
For more detailed information, please visit www.prsdmb.ca or contact Terry Osiowy, Superintendent, (204)-745-2003.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three business references, by 12:00 p.m., July 22, 2016 to:
Human Resources, Prairie Rose School Division, Secretary-Treasurer Search, Competition #062-16-17
Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
or e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please note that clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.