Maintenance Technician/Journeyman Electrician
The Maintenance Technician/Journeyman Electrician performs tasks that contribute to the general maintenance of buildings and grounds throughout the division, in accordance with Workplace Safety and Health Act, legislation and codes. The Maintenance Technician/Journeyman Electrician provides support to the Facilities Supervisor in the day-to-day operation of the division facilities.
- 8 hours/day; 5 days per week
- Full time (12 month) position effective ASAP
- Salary Negotiable
- Trade certification as a Journeyman Electrician is required
- Playground Inspector Certificate and have a minimum 5th Class Power Engineer is considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years progressively responsible experience in institutional facilities maintenance, and familiar with Building, Plumbing and Electrical Codes, and Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and legislation
- Familiarity with HVAC and DDC systems
- Experience in plumbing, carpentry, millwork, locksmith or other related trades
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft Office and integrated IP Systems
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license is required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs and alterations on all divisional property including interior, exterior, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems of building
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and installation on school division furniture and equipment
- Perform periodic inspections of the HVAC and roofing systems on all divisional buildings
- Monitors building controls and be on the call list to respond to emergencies and intrusions alarms
- Perform repairs, alterations, and inspections on all school playground equipment
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations such as floods, fires, power failures and major accidents
- Plan and organize work projects as provided by the Facilities Supervisor
- Assist school custodial staff in troubleshooting and repairs and maintenance as directed by the Facilities Supervisor
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Facilities Supervisor
For more detailed information, please contact Claude Plante, Facilities Supervisor at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information including salary expectations and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: June 18, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resource will be provided upon request.