Limited Term Teacher Contract
Classroom Teacher (x2) and Resource Teacher
Roland School is recruiting the following positions:
0.5 FTE Term Grade 3/4 Classroom Teacher (afternoons only) commencing September 6, 2016 till June 30, 2017.
0.55 FTE Term Grade 3/4 Classroom Teacher (mornings only) commencing September 6, 2016 till February 3, 2017 or the return of the incumbent.
Classroom Teacher Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Experience and Abilities
- Experience, proficiency and understanding of early year’s pedagogy and curriculum.
- Implement early years outcome based assessment and evaluation models.
- Effective differentiated instruction skills.
- Knowledge/ability to implement student services support.
- Demonstrate proficiency in information and communication technologies (ICT).
- Excellent organizational and classroom management.
- Work collaboratively and independently.
- Communicate effectively with early year’s students and parents.
0.45 FTE Term Resource Teacher & Kindergarten Phys. Ed. Teacher commencing September 6, 2016 till February 3, 2017 or the return of the incumbent.
Resource Teacher Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate successful teaching techniques.
- Exhibit differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for Students with Special Needs
- Lead Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work with parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
Applicants may apply to any or all positions.
Administration reserves the right to combine as necessary based on the needs of the school.
For more detailed information, please contact Principal Garth Shindle at 204-343-2023.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: June 24, 2016