Limited Term Teacher Contract
Resource Teacher – Miami School
1.0 FTE Term Resource Teacher commencing September 5, 2017 till June 29, 2018 or the return of the incumbent.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Provide service and support to teachers and students within the context of fostering positive relationships in an inclusive learning environment
- Communicate successful teaching techniques.
- Exhibit differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour.
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for Students with Special Needs.
- Support an Educational Assistant Team.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work with parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Nicole Nitsche/Nathan Strange, Principal at 204-435-2441.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 15, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.