General Teacher Contract/Limited Term Teacher Contract
Resource Teacher/EAL/Literacy & Numeracy School Leader – Carman Elementary
Prairie Rose School Division embraces a philosophy of inclusive and appropriate education for all children consistent with the standards outlined in Appropriate Educational Programming in Manitoba – Standards for Student Services. The Division recognizes the importance of supporting English as an Additional Language (EAL), Literacy and Numeracy within the School/Division Continuous Improvement Plans.
Carman Elementary School is recruiting for a 1.0 FTE. This position is comprised of a .50 FTE General Teacher – Resource, a .25 FTE Term English as an Additional Language and a .25 FTE Term Literacy and Numeracy School Leader commencing September 8, 2020 (0.5 FTE General Teacher Contract + 0.5 FTE Limited Term Teacher Contract expiring June 30, 2021).
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate.
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress).
- EAL, Literacy and Numeracy related courses and/or certifications.
- Familiarity with Restitution, Collaborative and Proactive Solutions would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Google G Suite applications is considered an asset
- Fluency (oral and written) in both official languages (French & English) is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Experience and Abilities
Demonstrated ability in Resource:
- Experience providing resource teacher support in Grades K-5.
- Familiar with program development and at-risk student intervention, while working within an established continuum of services framework.
- Ensures appropriate educational programming.
- Exhibits leadership skills:
- Guide Classroom/School Profile development.
- Approach early identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs within the classroom setting (Response to Intervention-RTI).
- Directly support classroom teachers; through classroom-based coaching and modeling reflective of differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Understanding of current Manitoba curricula.
- Implements various assessment techniques and intervention strategies.
- Structures and guide/implement student specific plans for learning and/or behavioural support.
- Facilitates Transition Planning Process Support for students with special needs.
- Supports Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Acts as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Works collaboratively with classroom teachers, parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
Experience and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability in EAL/Literacy and Numeracy:
- Supports EAL learners and newcomers to PRSD
- Implements various assessment techniques to support EAL, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Facilitates professional staff development in accordance to the school/division priorities and provincial curriculum outcomes
- Works continually at improving school-level provincial and divisional data using PLC/RTI framework
- Evaluates and recommends emerging strategies relevant to literacy/numeracy for K-5 classrooms
- Recommends appropriate literacy/numeracy materials and resources
- Demonstrates success in working with classroom teachers with their integration of literacy/numeracy programs in teaching and learning practices.
For more detailed information, please contact Cecile Affleck, Principal at 204-745-2623.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: June 10, 2020
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.
This document is available in alternate formats by request.