Term School Secretary
Carman Collegiate is a grade 6-12 school with a student population of approximately 330 students and 49 staff. The successful candidate will be assisting and working in partnership with the senior secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to all staff in the school.
- 5 days per week, 7 hours/day
- Term position effective September 4, 2018 till December 21, 2018 or the return of the incumbent
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 3-5 years’ experience in providing administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in daily routine, and to work on multiple tasks with many interruptions, demonstrating excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a manner appropriate to school and demonstrate strict attention to confidentiality of school operations and student information.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in dealing with staff, students, parents, and the public.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices, and familiarity with the CA$CH program would be an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web based programs.
- Proficiency with student information systems such as Maplewood and Education Information System (EIS) would be an asset.
- Basic First Aid would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school
- Answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
- Manage confidential information.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
- Prepare, photocopy, and collate documents for internal and external mailing, distribution, and filing
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Order office supplies, maintain inventory, service office equipment and arrange servicing for major repairs
- Other administrative support duties as assigned
For more detailed information, please contact Jeff Latimer, Principal at email@example.com.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 10, 2018
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.