Seasonal Lawn Care Technician
Carman Schools and PRSD Division Office, Elm Creek School, Miami School, Roland School
Prairie Rose School Division is hiring a seasonal, summer Lawn Care Technician for the areas of; Carman, Elm Creek, Miami, and Roland.
- Days and hours of work are flexible and weather-driven, start date as weather permits
- Up to 40 hours per week on days or evenings from Monday to Sunday as fits schedule.
- Salary Negotiable
This position operates from the Carman Bus Garage with a provided school division truck and trailer and rider mower to cut grass and trim lawns at six school division locations in the listed communities. Duties include operation and use of lawn and gardening equipment and tools to maintain the grounds around these buildings.
The successful candidate will cooperate with the head custodian of each building and with the Facility Maintenance/Capital Project Supervisor to ensure that priorities for each building are identified and addressed.
Experience and Abilities:
- Experience in lawn and garden care including hedge and tree trimming
- Experience with the general maintenance/service of lawn care and other equipment
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Be able to drive a standard truck with a trailer, operate a rider mower, lift 40-80 lbs, climb ladders, operate power tools etc.
- Be physically capable of performing all the duties related to this position
- Be willing to learn and take direction
- Have good public relations and communication skills
- Be capable of working with minimal supervision
- Show initiative and good judgement
- Perform other duties as assigned
For more detailed information, please contact Claude Plante, Facility Maintenance/Capital Project Supervisor at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information including salary expectations and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: May 19, 2017
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.