The successful candidate provides a well-organized, smoothly functioning library environment in which teachers and students can take advantage of available resources as a library technician.
Roland School is a K-6 school with a student population of approximately 65 students and 14 staff.
Library Technician Position:
- 1.75 hours/day
- Effective September 7, 2021
- Starting at $16.53/hour as per Collective Agreement (depending on qualifications)
Library Technician Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Possessing a Library Technician Certificate or working towards completion of certification is an asset
- Knowledge of computers, software applications, and Internet research will be a requirement. The ability to access and use new technology as it applies to the library and its media will be important
- Ability to work co-operatively and collegially with staff, students and parents
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquisitions – assist in the selection of materials
- Database Management – familiar with “L4U”,or other library management systems
- Cataloguing – code, input and edit information for a computerized catalogue system
- Circulation – administer the circulation desk, textbook circulation and work with students and volunteers of the school
- Reference – assist students who are experiencing difficulties using the catalogue, and/or standard reference tools
- Other duties as assigned
For more detailed information, please contact Melissa Benner, Principal Designate at 204-343-2023
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.