Hutterian Colony School – Maple Creek (Miami Colony)
Working with teachers and divisional resources, the successful candidates will assist in developing lifelong learners in a safe and supportive environment. Preference will be given to those applying with an aptitude for working with all students. Educational Assistants are 10-month employees, employed from September till June. Miami Colony is located 33 km southwest of Carman (or 10 km north of Morden).
- 5.5 hours per day
- Salary $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement
- September 7, 2021
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a multi-grade environment.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting student specific planning as identified in an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Student Specific Plan (SSP).
- Physical ability to support student throughout the day, including occupational therapy and physiotherapy programming.
- Demonstrated ability to have good interpersonal skills with staff and community.
- Willing to respect and adhere to Hutterian Colony cultural expectations.
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
- Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to assist students with personal hygiene.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
- Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour.
- Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Jack Phillips, Principal at 204-353-2297.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats.