General Teacher Contract
School Social Worker
0.2 FTE Social Worker effective September 3, 2019
The School Social Worker works under the supervisory function of the Director of Student Services.
The School Social Worker acts as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. The successful applicant will provide social work services to students and student support teams involving conflict resolution, self-management, program planning, intervention, and consultation within the educational setting in the PRSD locations of Elm Creek School and select Hutterian Colony School sites.
- Bachelor of Social Work is required
- Working towards or completed a Master’s degree in Social Work an asset
- Registered with Manitoba College of Social Workers
- Eligible for clinician certification with Manitoba Education
Experience and Abilities:
- Working with students with exceptionalities
- Help students obtain services relating to their basic human needs
- Counsel individuals, families and groups
- Help communities and groups provide or improve social and health services
- Assess, remediate and prevent social problems encountered by individuals, families and communities
- Enhance individual, family and community functioning
- Working collaboratively and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective oral & written communication skills with students, staff and parents
For more detailed information, please contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: May 22, 2019
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.