Limited Term Teacher Contract
Classroom Teacher – Miami School
1.0 FTE Term Classroom Teacher commencing September 3, 2019 till June 30, 2020.
Duties include grades 7-12 physical education, Career Counseling, and Resource/Numeracy Support
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Education degree with a physical education specialty is highly desirable
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
- Experience, proficiency and understanding of middle and senior years’ pedagogy and curriculum
- Experience in understanding the co-teaching model and the ability to partner with teachers to provide numeracy support in the classrooms would be an asset
- Implement middle and senior years’ outcome based assessment and evaluation models
- Knowledge/ability to implement student services support, including differentiated instruction, adaptations and modification skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Excellent organizational and classroom management
- Assists students in understanding their choices for post-secondary education and career training
- Liaise with community leaders, businesses and post-secondary institutions
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Communicate effectively with students, staff and parents
- Provide support to Athletic Director duties
- Cultural competency in the area of Indigenous Education is considered an asset
- Familiarity in the area of Google G Suite applications is considered an asset
For more detailed information, please contact David Langill, Principal at 204-435-2441.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: May 22, 2019
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.