General Teacher Contract
0.7 FTE Speech-Language Pathologist effective September 4, 2018.
The Speech-Language Pathologist works under the supervisory function of the Director of Student Services.
The Speech-Language Pathologist acts as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and is responsible for providing specialized communication-related services. The successful applicant will collaborate and consult with parents/guardians, educators, and community professionals, design communication programs, and provide supervision for therapy services within the educational setting in the PRSD locations of St. Laurent School, Elm Creek School and select Hutterian Colony School sites.
- Master’s degree in Communication Disorders or its equivalent from a recognized program in speech pathology.
- Valid license through the College of Audiologists and Speech – Language Pathologists of Manitoba and School Clinician Certification with Manitoba Education (or provisional certification)
- Valid Class 5 License and reliable vehicle to travel between schools in the division
Experience and Abilities:
- Relevant school and clinical experience working with a board spectrum of students with communication and/or language delays.
- Assist school personnel in identifying students with communication impairments.
- Follow PRSD Continuum of Service for referral procedures.
- Familiarity with a wide range of assessments.
- Determine individualized intervention goals and establish strategies and techniques to facilitate development of the targeted skills
- Familiarity with using assistive technology to support student communication (software and speech generating devices).
- Able to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to provide professional learning workshops to staff.
- Demonstrated skills in caseload management.
For more detailed information, please contact
Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: May 14, 2018
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided by request.