General Teacher Contract
Resource / Classroom Teacher – École St. Eustache
1.0 FTE Resource / Classroom Teacher commencing September 5, 2017.
Duties include 0.5 FTE Resource Teacher assignment and 0.5 FTE Classroom Teacher including early or middle years’ subjects.
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience in a K-6 setting.
- Communicate fluently (oral and written) in both official languages (French & English).
Resource Teacher Experience and Abilities
- Communicate successful teaching techniques.
- Exhibit differentiated instructional coaching skills and approaches.
- Implement various assessment techniques and strategies.
- Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour.
- Facilitate Transition Planning Process Support for Students with Special Needs.
- Lead Educational Assistants and coordinate their work schedules.
- Act as a liaison with school clinical services, third party agencies and consultants.
- Work with parents and students to maximize learning.
- WEVAS and First Aid considered an asset.
Classroom Teacher Experience and Abilities
- Experience, proficiency and understanding of early and middle years’ pedagogy and curriculum.
- Implement early and middle years’ outcome based assessment and evaluation models.
- Effective differentiated instruction skills.
- Knowledge/ability to implement student services support.
- Demonstrate proficiency in information and communication technologies (ICT).
- Excellent organizational and classroom management.
- Work collaboratively and independently.
- Communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Restitution training would be an asset.
For more detailed information, please contact Marcel Houde, Principal at 204-353-2869.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: April 13, 2017