General Teacher Contract
Divisional Numeracy Leader
Prairie Rose School Division is recruiting for a Divisional Numeracy Leader effective the 2020/2021 School Year.
Prairie Rose School Division Office is located in Carman Manitoba and oversees the education of over 2300 students and employs over 395 staff members. The schools in the Division include 17 Hutterian and 10 community Schools. Prairie Rose School Division extends north and South from the community of St. Laurent to Roland and East and West from the community of St. François Xavier to Miami Colony.
The Numeracy Leader will provide and build leadership capacity through divisional and provincial collaboration under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent. This position will support the division’s priorities on Student Learning – Achievement and Engagement by enhancing the teaching, learning, and assessing of mathematics to improve student achievement. The leader will focus on building good practices, which support high-quality teaching and learning.
The selected applicant for this position will have a strong understanding of the leadership role and support for the implementation of PRSD numeracy plans within a K-12 setting. The successful applicant will have highly developed instructional leadership skills in numeracy, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to implement current educational goals, fiscal skills, and knowledge of technological applications in an educational setting.
- Bachelor of Education supplemented with numeracy related courses and/or certifications
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- A valid Manitoba Driver License and personal vehicle (travel required)
Experience and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of teaching experience (K – 12 experience an asset)
- Experience with a variety of math programs (PRIME and Math Recovery) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience with best practices in curriculum development, student assessment and evaluation; differentiated instruction, Universal Design for Learning, Professional learning communities and Interactive Television(ITV) for the delivery of advanced placement program for Mathematics and Calculus
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated abilities with:
- facilitating professional and support staff professional development at both the school and division levels
- building expertise through modeling, co-teaching, and mentoring staff
- analyzing data and creating cultures of inquiry
- building, and collecting data via google forms, and maintaining the Divisional Learning Website
For more detailed information, please contact Ron Sugden, Assistant Superintendent at 204-745-2003.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: April 20, 2020
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request.
This document is available in alternate formats by request.