General Teacher Contract
The Literacy Leader provides leadership and professional development support to professional and support staff with the implementation of literacy plans in Prairie Rose School Division. This is a full time position reporting to the Assistant Superintendent. Start date for this position is September 8, 2015.
- Bachelor of Education supplemented with literacy related courses and/or certifications
- Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
Experience and Abilities
- Minimum of 5-10 years of teaching experience (K – 12 experience an asset)
- Experience with Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience with best practices in student assessment and evaluation; differentiated instruction, Universal Design for Learning
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skill.
- Demonstrated abilities with:
- innovative integration of literacy assessments to teaching and learning practices
- facilitating professional and support staff professional development at both the school and division levels
- building expertise through modeling, co-teaching, and mentoring staff
- analyzing data and creating cultures of inquiry
For more detailed information, please contact Assistant Superintendent Ron Sugden at 204-745-2003.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Prairie Rose School Division
Literacy Leader Search, Competition #005-15-16
Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0
Fax # 204-745-3699, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Closing Date: April 10, 2015