General Teacher Contract
French Language Coordinator
The French Language Coordinator provides leadership and professional development support to professional and support staff with the implementation of numeracy plans in Prairie Rose School Division. This is a 0.5 FTE position reporting to the Assistant Superintendent effective September 6, 2016.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the development of a three year PRSD educational plan for French language programming
- Working collaboratively with the French Language Committee and PRSD principals with the implementation of PRSD educational plan initiatives
- Facilitating professional staff development workshops in accordance to the PRSD educational goals and provincial programming requirements
- Identifying funding grants, resources, student exchanges, language monitors, and other opportunities that would enrich French instruction
- Representing PRSD on divisional and provincial committees
- Preparing and submitting reports as required by the Superintendent and or designate
- Providing principals with required feedback during the evaluation process of French language teachers/assignments
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Education
- Five years of French language teaching experience – K – 12 preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken French and knowledge of Basic French language instruction and French Immersion instruction
- Demonstrated knowledge in best practices in student assessment and evaluation
- Demonstrated skills with technology and the integration of technology in French language programming
- Preference provided in cases where candidates have demonstrated some experience in coordinating or administering programs
- A valid Manitoba Driver License and personal vehicle (travel required)
For more detailed information, please contact the Division Office at 204-745-2003.
If you wish to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.